Theme: How do we pray like Jesus?
Life Change Goal: Our prayer is that this message encourages you to realign with God through prayer and experience the results only He can bring.
Text: Mark 9:17-29 (ESV)
- We pray like Jesus to become God possessed.
- Matthew 6:5-9 (ESV)
- We pray like Jesus by realigning with God.
- Matthew 6:9-10 (ESV)
- We pray like Jesus to experience God-sized results.
- Matthew 6:9-13 (ESV)
- John 17:1 (ESV)
- Matthew 5:23-24 (ESV)
- Matthew 6:6 (ESV)
- Mark 1:35 (ESV)
Conclusion: To pray like Jesus we realign ourselves with God and experience the results only He can bring.
In response to this message I will…
I will share part of this message with...
Start Talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Who stayed up to make sure 2020 came to an end :-)?
Start Thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What is one thing you are praying for in 2021?
Start Sharing. Choose a couple of questions to create openness.
- Which one of the three alignments is hardest to pray?
- “May I live my life today in such obedience to you that your name is sanctified.”
- “God, rule my life and come and rule in the hearts of others.”
- “God let me know your will and give me the strength to live it out.”
- How has God met your needs for:
- Daily bread, forgiveness, and a deliverance from evil?
- What can you praise God for right now?
Together, we can get through anything life throws at us. Together, we can advance the kingdom of God in the Greater Lafayette and the world. Together, we can be part of the next great awakening. We are better together.
The ultimate end of God’s revealed redemptive purpose needs to inform what we do now in participating with God in His mission.
Join us as we celebrate all that God has done through Connection Point Church with Kingdom Builders and what we see God doing in the years to come.
Acts: The Church on the Move
After Jesus ascends to heaven, the early church is empowered by the Holy Spirit to take the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the ends of the earth. They are the church on the move.