Theme: How should we use power as followers of Jesus?
Life Change Goal: Our prayer is that this message encourages you to use your God-given power to help others.
Text: Luke 8:40-9:6 (ESV)
- The power of Jesus draws others to Him.
- Jesus uses power to restore people.
- Jesus uses power to grow our faith.
- We are given power to share Good News and set people free.
- Luke 10:17-20 (ESV)
- B.L.E.S.S. (Begin in prayer, Listen and Engage, Eat, Serve, Share)
Conclusion: We have been given power by Jesus to share Good News and set people free. Let’s use power for the purpose God intended.
In response to this message I will…
I will share part of this message with...
Start Talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What plans are you making for this summer?
Start Thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- When have you seen power used poorly?
Start Sharing. Choose a couple of questions to create openness.
- How could you use the influence you have to help others (in your home, in your school, in your neighborhood, in your workplace)?
- How are you applying God’s Word to your life?
- Do you use B.L.E.S.S. rhythms as a way to share Good News? If not, how could you begin to do so this week?
In this important message, Pastor Zach Maddox talks about Jesus as the author of transitions. Our prayer is that this message encourages you to faithfully follow Jesus as the Maddox family prepares to return to the mission field.
Together, we can get through anything life throws at us. Together, we can advance the kingdom of God in the Greater Lafayette and the world. Together, we can be part of the next great awakening. We are better together.
In this series we talk about who Jesus is. Our prayer is that this message encourages you to receive Jesus as King, Lord and Savior.
The ultimate end of God’s revealed redemptive purpose needs to inform what we do now in participating with God in His mission.
Join us as we celebrate all that God has done through Connection Point Church with Kingdom Builders and what we see God doing in the years to come.
Acts: The Church on the Move
After Jesus ascends to heaven, the early church is empowered by the Holy Spirit to take the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the ends of the earth. They are the church on the move.