Join The Mentoring Movement
* For a more comprehensive look into the heart behind Mentoring, watch the following two messages on Experiencing the Extraordinary.
- Are you willing to take direct, pervasive feedback without being defensive?
- Are you willing to look at yourself in the mirror and make changes to improve?
- Are you humble, maybe even broken; hungry for personal growth?
- Do you have a passionate commitment to Jesus?
- Are you willing to “pay it forward” and influence others?
- The mentoring process involves a monthly 3-hour meeting, a Friday evening/Saturday retreat (in October), significant scripture and book reading and application, memorizing a couple of scriptures a month and a few other important homework assignments. We will begin in September and end with a picnic in May.
- The meetings aren’t optional…the group will settle on a schedule and stick to it. A premium is placed on timeliness, preparation and respect for everyone else in the group. We can almost assure you that you will have to make some tough business and family decisions in order to honor your commitment to your mentor and to the group and be at each meeting…and be there on time.
Books and materials will be provided by Connection Point. The reading list for 2019/2020 is as follows:
- September (Mentoring) – The Disciple Maker’s Handbook – Bobby Harrington & Josh Patrick
- October (Identity)
- Men: Play the Man – Mark Batterson
- Women: In His Image – Jen Wilkin
- November (Purpose) – Radical – David Platt
- December (Changing Mindsets) – Switch on Your Brain – Dr. Caroline Leaf
- January (Abide Daily) – Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster
- February (Marriage & Relationships) – You and Me Forever – Francis & Lisa Chan
- March (Share the Good News) – 42 Seconds – Carl Medearis
- April (Everyday Disciple Maker) – Contagious Disciple Making – David Watson
- May (Leadership) – Deep Influence – T. J. Addington
Take some time to really think about this…pray about it…talk to your spouse. If you are lukewarm, don’t pursue it. Work on faithfulness to Jesus and His church first and then apply next year.