Join The Mentoring Movement
* For a more comprehensive look into the heart behind Mentoring, watch the following two messages on Experiencing the Extraordinary.
- Are you willing to take direct, pervasive feedback without being defensive?
- Are you willing to look at yourself in the mirror and make changes to improve?
- Are you humble, maybe even broken; hungry for personal growth?
- Do you have a passionate commitment to Jesus?
- Are you willing to “pay it forward” and influence others?
- The mentoring process involves a monthly 3-hour meeting, a Friday evening/Saturday retreat (in October), significant reading assignments and memorizing one or two scriptures a month. We will begin in September and end with a picnic in June.
- The meetings aren’t optional…the group will settle on a schedule and stick to it. A premium is placed on timeliness, preparation and respect for everyone else in the group. We can almost assure you that you will have to make some tough business and family decisions in order to honor your commitment to your mentor and to the group and be at each meeting…and be there on time.
Books and materials will be provided by Connection Point. The reading list for 2018/2019 is as follows:
- September (Mentoring) – The Disciple Maker’s Handbook – Bobby Harrington & Josh Patrick
- October (Identity)
- Men: Wild at Heart – John Eldredge
- Women: Captivating – Staci Eldredge
- November (Priorities / Mission) – Radical – David Platt
- December (Mentor’s Choice)
- January (Prayer) – Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster
- February (Marriage & Parenting) – You and Me Forever – Francis & Lisa Chan
- March (Mentor’s Choice)
- April (Sharing the Story of Jesus) – 42 Seconds – Carl Medearis
- May (Leadership) – How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge – Clay Scroggins
Take some time to really think about this…pray about it…talk to your spouse. If you are lukewarm, don’t pursue it. Work on faithfulness to Jesus and His church first and then apply next year.