Connection Point COVID-19 Response
Making our facility and services safe.
We are thankful for the volunteers, staff, and congregates who have made safety for others a priority during this pandemic. We have, on occasion, been asked what we have done in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a short list of ways we have sought to make our facility and services safe for people:
- We have increased the number of weekly custodial hours.
- We utilize a backpack sprayer for efficient and effective sanitizing of spaces.
- We utilize cleaning chemicals and disinfections that have been EPA approved for COVID-19.
- We’ve added hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- We have limited building use for better ongoing sanitization of facilities.
- We no longer host a volunteer breakfast or serve donuts and coffee before services.
- We have removed chairs in the sanctuary and overflow areas to decrease seating capacity and increase social distancing in the building.
- We have spread people out throughout the building when we gather to reduce group sizes.
- We have asked our high risk and vulnerable congregants to be part of our online campus.
- We have asked everyone to wear face masks while in the building.
- We have asked everyone to review COVID-19 prescreening questions before entering the building.
- We conduct temperature checks and COVID-19 prescreening questions for volunteers before they serve.
- We conduct temperature checks on kids and youth before they enter kid and youth spaces.
- Our elementary kids and youth wear face masks in their respective spaces.
- We attempt to limit the mixing of kids in classes in order to help us track potential COVID-19 cases.
- We’ve added hand washing stations in the preschool area.
- We’ve installed washable vinyl in the infants/toddlers and preschool areas and we are looking to do something similar in the elementary area.
- We have painted preschool classes with anti-microbial paint and will be doing the same in infant and toddler classes.
- We have encouraged congregants to avoid extended times of visiting with others before and after services, when social distancing is difficult to adhere to.
We appreciate the consideration given by everyone who has helped us keep our facility clean and services safe for others. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response at Connection Point Church, feel free to email Pastor Zach Maddox at: firstname.lastname@example.org.